We’re looking for a full-time Art Director to aid the production of assigned print and/or digital publications, under the direction of senior design and editorial staff. The art director will produce layouts, as well as manage and direct photography shoots as assigned.
ABOUT GREY DOG MEDIA:
Grey Dog is a fast-paced, yet relaxed publishing house located in West Des Moines, IA. We offer full-benefits and a competitive salary, with great opportunities for advancement within the company.
OUR WORK INCLUDES:
Hy-Vee Balance Magazine covers a variety of health and fitness related topics, and features celebrities and athletes such as Harrison Barnes, Mark Wahlberg, Laurie Hernandez and more.
Hy-Vee Seasons Magazine, a cuisine and lifestyle publication, covers kitchen prep and technique, Hy-Vee initiatives and over 30 recipes per issue, developed by our very own test kitchen staff.
Life:Beautiful, a women’s Christian lifestyle magazine, covers a variety of helpful topics with a Biblical perspective including craft projects, devotions, finance, health, home improvement, organization, travel, while featuring advice columnists such as Joyce Meyer and Dave Ramsey.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Art, Graphic Design or a related field
- Experience: Minimum of 3 years of experience as an Art Director on a consumer magazine
- Skills: Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office
- Advanced layout and typography skills
- Sophisticated sense of design, photography and typography
- Experience directing studio and location photography
- Problem-solving, interactive approach to design
- Ability to produce and manage a multi-page project
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Highly motivated with ability to work in a deadline-driven environment
- Ability to multi task
- Positive attitude
- Desire to work on a collaborative team with high standards
- Web/Interactive Design experience a plus
Job Location: West Des Moines, Iowa
Benefits: Medical/401K/LTD/Life Ins./PTO
Compensation: 50-90K Dependent on Experience