Grey Dog Media seeks an Art Director to aid in the production of assigned print and/or digital publications under the direction of senior design and editorial staff. The Art Director will produce layouts, as well as manage and direct photography shoots.
OUR WORK INCLUDES:
Hy-Vee Balance Magazine, a monthly magazine that covers a variety of health and fitness related topics, and features celebrities and athletes such as Harrison Barnes, Mark Wahlberg, Laurie Hernandez and more.
Hy-Vee Mega Ad, a publication featuring nutrition tips, fun recipes, and grocery deals.
Life:Beautiful, a women’s Christian lifestyle magazine, covers a variety of helpful topics with a Biblical perspective including craft projects, devotions, finance, health, home improvement, organization, travel, while featuring advice columnists such as Joyce Meyer and Dave Ramsey.
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or a related field
- Minimum three (3) years' experience as an Art Director, preferably on a consumer magazine
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite
- Solid understanding of the elements of design
- Advanced layout and typography skills
- Sophisticated sense of design, photography and typography
- Able to adapt skills to the aesthetics of each project
- Experience directing studio and location photography; experience photographing food and models preferred
- Problem-solving, interactive approach to design
- Able to interpret editorial direction and vision to align visual design with magazine content
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to work efficiently in a deadline-driven environment
- Able to balance multiple priorities and demands simultaneoulsy
- Maintains a positive attitude, even while working under pressure
- Able to work collaboratively while maintaining high standards
- Experience using MS Word, Excel, and Outlook preferred
- Web/Interactive Design experience preferred
Job Location: West Des Moines, Iowa
Benefits: Medical/Dental/Vision401k/LTD/Life Ins./PTO
Compensation: 50K-90K depending on skill and experience