We're looking for a full-time Editor to aid the production of assigned print and/or digital publications, under the direction of senior editorial staff.
ABOUT GREY DOG MEDIA:
Grey Dog is a fast-paced, yet relaxed publishing house located in West Des Moines, IA. We offer full-benefits and a competitive salary, with great opportunities for advancement within the company.
OUR WORK INCLUDES:
Hy-Vee Balance Magazine covers a variety of health and fitness related topics, and features celebrities and athletes such as Harrison Barnes, Mark Wahlberg, Laurie Hernandez and more.
Hy-Vee Seasons Magazine, a cuisine and lifestyle publication, covers kitchen prep and technique, Hy-Vee initiatives and over 30 recipes per issue, developed by our very own test kitchen staff.
Life:Beautiful, a women’s Christian lifestyle magazine, covers a variety of helpful topics with a Biblical perspective including craft projects, devotions, finance, health, home improvement, organization, travel, while featuring advice columnists such as Joyce Meyer and Dave Ramsey.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in English, Journalism or related field
- Experience: Minimum 3 years of editorial experience in publishing
- Desire to work on a collaborative team with high standards
- Ability to write, edit and/or produce assigned articles
- Experience researching and sourcing editorial content
- Detail oriented
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Expert understanding of English grammar
- Familiarity with standard style guides, such as the AP and Chicago Manual
- Highly motivated with ability to work in a deadline-driven environment
- Positive attitude
- Understanding of trends, timely stories and viral content
- Skilled in using reference resources
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Ability to maintain a consistent writing style and proofread articles for grammatical errors, voice/tone and substance
- Knowledge of cuisine, crafting, health and fitness related topics is a plus
Job Location: West Des Moines, Iowa
Benefits: Medical/401K/LTD/Life Ins./PTO
Compensation: 50K-75K Dependent on Experience