We're looking for a full-time assistant to aid editorial and design staff during the production of assigned print and/or digital publications. This is an entry level position with great opportunity for advancement, based solely on attitude and performance.
ABOUT GREY DOG MEDIA:
Grey Dog is a fast-paced, yet relaxed publishing house located in West Des Moines, IA. We offer full-benefits and a competitive salary, with great opportunities for advancement within the company.
OUR WORK INCLUDES:
Hy-Vee Balance Magazine covers a variety of health and fitness related topics, and features celebrities and athletes such as Harrison Barnes, Mark Wahlberg, Laurie Hernandez and more.
Hy-Vee Seasons Magazine, a cuisine and lifestyle publication, covers kitchen prep and technique, Hy-Vee initiatives and over 30 recipes per issue, developed by our very own test kitchen staff.
Life:Beautiful, a women’s Christian lifestyle magazine, covers a variety of helpful topics with a Biblical perspective including craft projects, devotions, finance, health, home improvement, organization, travel, while featuring advice columnists such as Joyce Meyer and Dave Ramsey.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Graphic Design or related field
- Ability to multi task and attention to detail
- Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, Web/Interactive Design experience a plus
- Desire to work on a collaborative team with high standards
- Highly motivated with ability to work in a deadline-driven environment
- Must be physically able to lift 40 pounds or more
- Positive attitude
- Responsible for a variety of prop organization and management, cleaning, maintenance, studio and office support
- Strong organizational and time-management skills • Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Job Location: West Des Moines, Iowa
Benefits: Medical/401K/LTD/Life Ins./PTO
Compensation: 27k-45k Dependent on Experience and Education