Grey Dog Media is looking for experienced designers who will aid the production of assigned print and/or digital publications, under the management of a Senior Art Director.
ABOUT GREY DOG MEDIA:
Grey Dog is a fast-paced, yet relaxed publishing house located in West Des Moines, IA. We offer full-benefits and a competitive salary, with great opportunities for advancement within the company.
OUR WORK INCLUDES:
Hy-Vee Balance Magazine covers a variety of health and fitness related topics, and features celebrities and athletes such as Harrison Barnes, Mark Wahlberg, Laurie Hernandez and more.
Hy-Vee Seasons Magazine, a cuisine and lifestyle publication, covers kitchen prep and technique, Hy-Vee initiatives and over 30 recipes per issue, developed by our very own test kitchen staff.
Life:Beautiful, a women’s Christian lifestyle magazine, covers a variety of helpful topics with a Biblical perspective including craft projects, devotions, finance, health, home improvement, organization, travel, while featuring advice columnists such as Joyce Meyer and Dave Ramsey.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Art, Graphic Design or a related field
- Experience: Minimum 3 experience as a graphic designer required
- Skills: Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office
- Advanced layout and typography skills
- Sophisticated sense of design, photography and typography
- Experience directing studio and location photography
- Problem-solving, interactive approach to design
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Highly motivated with ability to work in a deadline-driven environment
- Ability to multi task
- Positive attitude
- Desire to work on a collaborative team with high standards
- Web/Interactive Design experience a plus
Job Location: West Des Moines, Iowa
Benefits: Medical/401K/LTD/Life Ins./PTO
Compensation: 45k-80K Dependent on Experience