Grey Dog Media seeks a Senior Web Designer to work closely with our web development, sales, and content teams to shape in-house and client web projects. This position plays a vital role in the discovery and defining phases, in addition to the design phase of websites. In addition to creating new experiences and processes, this position is responsible for maintaining and growing design systems for past projects.
OUR WORK INCLUDES:
Hy-Vee Balance Magazine, a monthly magazine that covers a variety of health and fitness related topics, and features celebrities and athletes such as Harrison Barnes, Mark Wahlberg, Laurie Hernandez and more.
Hy-Vee Mega Ad, a publication featuring nutrition tips, fun recipes, and grocery deals
Life:Beautiful, a women’s Christian lifestyle magazine, covers a variety of helpful topics with a Biblical perspective including craft projects, devotions, finance, health, home improvement, organization, travel, while featuring advice columnists such as Joyce Meyer and Dave Ramsey.
- Provide leadership on all digital products designed and produced by Grey Dog Media
- Refine, implement, and lead design strategies that scale across platforms
- Design wireframes, prototypes, and high-fidelity visual interfaces
- Work in collaboration with the content and developer teams
- Shape and create digital design processes
- Assist as needed with print graphic design work
- 3+ years experience with digital user interface design preferred
- Proficient in Adobe design applications and/or Sketch
- Understanding of responsive web design and best practices
- You have exceptional attention to detail and can spot bottlenecks before they happen
- Knowledge of motion graphics preferred
- General understanding of HTML5/CSS3 preferred
Job Location: West Des Moines, Iowa
Benefits: Medical/Dental/Vision/LTD/Life Ins./PTO
Compensation is negotiable depending on skill and experience