Grey Dog seeks a full-time Managing Editor to manage the production of our print and/or digital publications, under the direction of senior editorial staff.
OUR WORK INCLUDES:
Hy-Vee Balance Magazine, a monthly magazine that covers a variety of health and fitness related topics, and features celebrities and athletes such as Harrison Barnes, Mark Wahlberg, Laurie Hernandez and more.
Hy-Vee Mega Ad, a publication featuring nutrition tips, fun recipes, and grocery deals.
Life:Beautiful, a women’s Christian lifestyle magazine, covers a variety of helpful topics with a Biblical perspective including craft projects, devotions, finance, health, home improvement, organization, travel, while featuring advice columnists such as Joyce Meyer and Dave Ramsey.
- Bachelor's Degree in English, Journalism or related field
- Minimum three (3) years' editorial experience in publishing
- Able to write, edit, and/or produce assigned articles
- Expert understanding of English grammar
- Able to maintain a consistent writing style and proofread articles for grammar, voice/tone and substance in adherence with standard style guides (AP and Chicago)
- Experience researching and sourcing editorial content; skilled at using reference resources
- Solid understanding of trends, timely, relevant stories and viral content
- Detail oriented with strong organizational and time management skills; able to meet deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to work collaboratively while maintaining high standards
- Maintains a positive attitude, even while working under pressure
- Knowledge of cuisine, crafting, health and fitness related topics preferred
Job Location: West Des Moines, Iowa
Benefits: Medical/Dental/Vision/LTD/Life Ins./PTO
Compensation: 50K-75K depending on skill and experience