Grey Dog Media seeks a talented food stylist with proven experience styling food and sets for a regional and/or national food, lifestyle, home-and-family, or women’s magazines. This position is responsible for designing beautiful food for photography, event and party sets, and other styling projects under the direction of an Art Director and/or Creative Director.
OUR WORK INCLUDES:
Hy-Vee Balance Magazine, a monthly magazine that covers a variety of health and fitness related topics, while featuring celebrities and athletes like Harrison Barnes, Mark Wahlberg, Laurie Hernandez and more.
Hy-Vee Mega Ad, a publication featuring nutrition tips, fun recipes, and grocery deals.
Life:Beautiful Magazine, a women’s Christian lifestyle magazine covering a variety of topics with a Biblical perspective including craft projects, devotions, finance, health, home improvement, organization, and travel, while featuring advice columnists such as Joyce Meyer and Dave Ramsey.
- Bachelor’s degree in Art, Graphic Design, Food Sciences or related field
- Minimum two (2) years experience as a food stylist
- Experience with studio and location photography
- Problem-solving, interactive approach to food design
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to work efficiently in a deadline-driven environment
- Able to balance multiple priorities and demands simultaneously
- Maintains a positive attitude, even while working under pressure
- Able to work collaboratively while maintaining high standards
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suite, Web/Interactive Design, and Microsoft Office preferred
Job Location: West Des Moines, Iowa
Benefits: Medical/Dental/401K/LTD/Life Ins./PTO
Compensation is negotiable depending on skill and experience