Grey Dog Media is seeking a full-time Art Director to manage all aspects of design related to the production of assigned print and/or digital publications under the leadership of Project Director(s). Responsibilities include creating social media assets, planning, procuring/producing materials and sets for photography, directing photo shoots, concepting print and/or digital layouts through mood boards, sketches, and templates, and completing finished graphic design works.
To be considered for this position, please submit your resume and portfolio.
Candidates may be considered at Senior Art Director level based on experience.
Grey Dog Media is a growing, national-award-winning creator and publisher of custom and consumer media. Our products include magazines, catalogs, books, websites, videos, commercials, and collateral. This is a fast-paced, yet relaxed environment with experienced professionals. We offer a friendly, professional workplace, full-benefits, competitive salary, and remarkable opportunities for creative-skills development, and career advancement.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Art, Graphic Design or a related field (or equivalent professional experience)
- Minimum 3 years’ Art Director experience on a consumer magazine (or similar experience in a professional capacity)
- Web/Interactive design experience highly preferred
- Experience directing studio and location photography
- Strong portfolio demonstrating proficiency in skill and a sophisticated sense of design, photography, and typography
- Expert fluency in Adobe InDesign with advanced layout and typography skills
- Excellent skills in creating social media assets
- Flexibility to adapt skill to the aesthetics of each project based on client needs
- Ability to interpret editorial direction and vision to align visual design with magazine content
- Exceptional problem solving and critical thinking skills; able to balance multiple priorities and demands simultaneously
- Strong attention to detail and excellent time-management, organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively while maintaining high standards
- Maintains a positive attitude, even while working under pressure in an environment where job demands are constantly changing
- Problem-solving, interactive approach to design
- Highly motivated with ability to work in a deadline-driven environment
Job Location: West Des Moines, Iowa
Benefits: Medical/HSA/401K/LTD/AD&D/Life Ins./Dental/PTO/Vision
Compensation: Highly Competitive