We are seeking a Building Maintenance Technician to perform general cleaning and repairs for assigned equipment and facilities. Responsible for building maintenance to keep the facility in excellent condition.
Grey Dog Media is a growing, national-award-winning creator and publisher of custom and consumer media. Our products include magazines, catalogs, books, websites, videos, commercials, and collateral. Grey Dog Media offers a friendly, professional work place with remarkable opportunities for creative-skills development and career advancement.
- Property maintenance such as replacing ceiling tiles, repairing drywall, painting, and other building fixtures.
- Maintain HVAC, electrical, and plumbing systems to ensure functionality and coordinate with specialized technicians for repairs needed.
- Janitorial duties to ensure the cleanliness and sanitary conditions of facility such as the breakroom, kitchen, and restrooms; replenishes all supplies relevant to each area.
- Ensures the cleanliness of all surfaces and floors in common spaces, including hallways, reception areas, test kitchen, studio, entryways, and patios to maintain a clean and safe working environment.
- Empties and disposes of all building trash.
- Performs daily building walk through to ensure all building systems are functioning properly and to identify potential building issues.
- Troubleshoot issues to determine necessary repairs and analyzes and makes decisions based on specific written and verbal guidelines.
- Installs computer cabling and phone systems.
- Negotiates and evaluates all contracts relevant to building and grounds operations; remains onsite to oversee the work of contracted labor.
- Maintains a current list of approved contractors, subcontractors and service providers and their emergency contact information.
- Orders supplies and materials and runs errands when necessary.
- Maintains confidentiality of Grey Dog Media and its clients’ proprietary information.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent required.
Minimum 1-3 years’ of related experience required.
- Valid Driver’s License
- General knowledge of HVAC, electrical, plumbing, and construction required.
- Able to perform light carpentry, plumbing, electrical, and mechanical repairs to building and equipment.
- Must be physically able to climb ladders, bend, or crawl into awkward spaces.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at a time.
- Ability to use hand tools and power tools.
- Work is largely performed in an indoor office or studio setting, however outdoor work is occasionally required, sometimes in adverse weather conditions.
- Exceptional problem solving and critical thinking skills and optimally utilizes resources.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and organize.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude and thrive in a demanding, fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to react to change and remain productive.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
Job Location: West Des Moines, Iowa
Benefits: Medical/HSA/401K/LTD/AD&D/Life Ins./Dental/PTO
Compensation: Highly Competitive