We are seeking a talented magazine, digital, and collateral editor with proven experience writing and editing Bible-based media for a regional and/or national food, lifestyle, home-and-family, or women's magazine. In addition, a strong understanding of English grammar is required to markup proofs for change. This position is responsible for all aspects of editing a magazine including story development, writing, editing, producing, and working photo shoots under the direction of a Creative Director. The Editor will work with the Creative Editor to maintain deadlines and achieve client expectations.
About the magazine
Life:Beautiful Magazine, a women’s Christian lifestyle magazine in the vein of Martha Stewart. We cover a variety of topics that effect Christian’s from health and wellness to home make-overs.
Grey Dog Media is a growing, national-award-winning creator and publisher of customer and consumer media. Our products include magazines, catalogs, books, websites, videos, commercials, and collateral. This is a fast-paced, yet relaxed environment with experienced professionals. We offer a friendly, professional workplace, full-benefits, competitive salary, and remarkable opportunities for creative-skills development, and career advancement.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English, or related field
- Minimum: 2 years’ experience in the editorial field
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Highly motivated with ability to work in a deadline-driven environment
- Ability to multi-task
- Positive attitude
- Desire to work on a collaborative team with high standards
- In addition to text, work includes recipes, charts, captions, and other devices
- Ensuring company style is followed
- Mark proofs for changes
- A background in interior design, food, and crafts editing a plus
- Solid knowledge of English grammar
- Familiarity with standard style guides, such as the Chicago Manual and Bible
- Skilled in using reference resources
Job Location: West Des Moines, Iowa
Benefits: Medical/HSA/401K/LTD/AD&D/Life Ins./Dental/PTO/Vision
Compensation: Highly Competitive