We are currently looking for a full-time Senior Food Editor/Recipe Developer, or a combination thereof, to work within our highly talented creative team in producing content for client and in-house projects including magazines and websites. The editor/developer will work in a modern, well-equipped test kitchen, photo studio and office. This position requires a positive attitude and a desire to create recipes with a variety of editorial goals such as, healthy, quick-cook, or pin-worthy for today’s busy and diverse cook. This is a high-energy, creative environment with experienced professionals with the desire to produce award-winning work. We offer an attractive compensation package including full-benefits and opportunities for advancement within the company.
- Minimum of 3 years experience working as an editor on a consumer magazine and/or food developer
- Must be competent in working in Microsoft Word and Adobe InDesign
- Examples of published work including writing and recipe writing samples.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in English, Journalism, Food Sciences or related field
- Solid knowledge of English grammar
- Familiarity with standard style guides, such as the Chicago Manual
- Broad culinary knowledge
- Physical capability to meet the demands of the position such as being able to walk, stand for long periods, remove items from cupboards, carry groceries, clean kitchen, drive, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Highly motivated with ability to work in a deadline-driven environment
- Ability to multitask
- Positive attitude
- Desire to work on a collaborative team with high standards
- In addition to text, work includes researching and developing recipes, charts, captions and other devices
- Following company/client style
- Understand edit marks
Job Location: West Des Moines, Iowa
Benefits: Medical/401K/LTD/Life Ins./PTO
Compensation: Dependent on Experience