Grey Dog Media is looking for entry level designers who will be responsible for various aspects of magazine/print media/web content production under the direction of an Art Director.
Balance Magazine covers a variety of health and fitness related topics, while featuring celebrities and athletes like Harrison Barnes, Mark Wahlberg, Laurie Hernandez and more.
Seasons Magazine, a cuisine & lifestyle publication, features over 30 recipes per issue, developed by our very own test kitchen staff. Additionally, craft projects, Hy-Vee initiatives and lifestyle topics are covered throughout Seasons.
Life:Beautiful Magazine, a women’s Christian lifestyle magazine in the vein of Martha Stewart. We cover a variety of topics that effect Christian’s from health and wellness to home make-overs.
This is a fast-paced, yet relaxed environment alongside experienced professionals. We offer full-benefits and competitive salary, with great opportunities for advancement within the company, based solely on performance. Our goal with entry level positions is to give an opportunity to gain the knowledge and skills to become full-fledged designers.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Art, Graphic Design or a related field, or equivalent training and/or experience.
- Advanced layout and typography skills
- Sophisticated sense of design, photography and typography
- Experience directing studio and location photography
- Problem-solving, interactive approach to design
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Highly motivated with ability to work in a deadline-driven environment
- Ability to multi task
- Positive attitude
- Desire to work on a collaborative team with high standards
- Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, Web/Interactive Design experience a plus
Job Location: West Des Moines, Iowa
Benefits: Medical/401K/LTD/Life Ins./PTO
Compensation: Dependent on Experience