Grey Dog Media is growing and we are looking for a Graphic Designer to add to our team of talented professionals to assist in the production of print and/or digital publications.
This position is responsible for various graphic design aspects of magazine/print media/web content production under the direction of an Art Director. Create drawings, backgrounds, lettering, or other original graphics for commercial use in keeping with the design aesthetics of our in-house and client parameters.
To be considered for this position, please submit your cover letter, resume, and portfolio.
Grey Dog Media is a growing, national-award-winning creator and publisher of custom and consumer media. Our products include magazines, catalogs, books, websites, videos, commercials, and collateral. This is a fast-paced, yet relaxed environment with experienced professionals. We offer a friendly, professional workplace, full-benefits, competitive salary, and remarkable opportunities for creative-skills development, and career advancement.
- Under the direction of the Art Director, template and design content for commercial use in keeping with client approved style guides
- Create advanced layout designs using Adobe InDesign
- Submit completed work to Art Director for approval and re-design as directed until work has met client expectations
- Attend progress meetings to brainstorm ideas, report on work progress, present work, etc.
- Remain up-to-date on marketplace, industry and design trends, including insights into cultural trends, competition and target audiences
- Work in a collaborative manner to meet client deadlines
- Maintain a positive can-do attitude and support that attitude among other staff members
- Record and track your time within the Paylocity system for each project you are working on
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Art, Graphic Design or a related field, or equivalent training and/or experience
- Experience: 2 years of graphic design experience, consumer magazine experience a plus
- Advanced layout and typography skills
- Sophisticated sense of design, photography and typography
- Experience directing studio and location photography a plus
- Problem-solving, interactive approach to design
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Highly motivated with ability to work in a deadline-driven environment
- Ability to multi task
- Positive attitude
- Desire to work on a collaborative team with high standards
- Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office
- Web/Interactive Design experience a plus
Job Location: West Des Moines, Iowa
Benefits: Medical/Dental/Vision/401K/LTD/Life Ins./PTO
Compensation: Competitive, Dependent on Experience