We are currently seeking an experienced Test Kitchen Director who will work in a modern, well-equipped test kitchen, photo studio, and office. This position will research, develop, and write recipes in accordance with client expectations under the direction of the Executive Editor. Oversee the needs and maintenance of the test kitchen, including appliances and supplies. Coordinate efforts of the test kitchen team to meet deadlines in a timely manner. Look ahead to upcoming projects and deadlines to ascertain realistic goals to meet all deadlines. Communicate with team for scheduling and additional assistance on projects to meet deadlines.
This position requires a positive attitude and a desire to create and develop recipes with a variety of editorial goals.
Grey Dog Media is a high-energy, creative environment with experienced professionals with the desire to produce award-winning work. We offer a friendly, professional workplace, an attractive compensation package with full-benefits, and remarkable opportunities for creative-skills development, and career advancement.
- A degree from a culinary school or food science program; and
extensive experience, preferably in a test kitchen or restaurant
- Experience developing, writing, and editing recipes for brands or publications
- Experience coordinating the work of others, supervisory, team lead, or management experience preferred
- Understand how to use Adobe InDesign for entering text within layouts
- A solid understanding of grammar and the Chicago style manual
- Strong attention to detail in recipe testing, reading, writing, and editing
- Ability to work in a collaborative manner to meet client deadlines and maintain high standards
- Ability to maintain a positive can-do attitude
- Detail oriented with strong organizational and time-management skills; able to meet deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge of cuisine, crafting, health, and fitness related topics preferred
- Ability to purchase and carry groceries
Job Location: West Des Moines, Iowa
Benefits: Medical/HSA/401K/LTD/AD&D/Life Ins./Dental/PTO/Vision
Compensation: Highly Competitive
Please submit your cover letter, resume, and portfolio