The Video Producer works with the art and editorial teams to develop and produce content for our clients across various channels.
- Lead the video production process in support of specified creative and business objectives
- Write and develop concepts that effectively tell a story and communicate our client’s message through the use of both audio and visual elements
- Efficiently manage the workflow of assigned projects
- Provide estimated costs for all video projects to the Director of Business Development
- Remain up-to-date on digital video trends and emerging platforms including insights into cultural trends and target audiences
- Uphold Grey Dog’s commitment to providing excellent service and quality work
- Act in ways that reflect favorably on Grey Dog
- Act with discretion and maintain confidential matters; adhere to Grey Dog’s confidentiality policy, the Employee Handbook and other organizational policies
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, film, broadcast, media production, or related field (or equivalent professional experience)
- Minimum two years’ experience directing and editing in a professional capacity
- Excellent skill in video editing/post-production software such as Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe After Effects, Adobe Audition, and Adobe Speed Grade (or equivalent professional experience)
- Proficiency in color grading software or plug-in a plus.
- Basic understanding of Adobe Creative Suite preferred
- Professional reel demonstrating proficiency in skill and a sophisticated sense of style, design and cinema
- Strong knowledge of entire production lifecycle, including pre-production, audio and video recording, lighting, studio environments, editing, and content delivery
- Experience filming food and models preferred
- Optimally utilizes resources (budget and personnel)
- Exceptional problem solving and critical thinking skills; able to balance multiple priorities and demands simultaneously
- Maintains a positive attitude, even while working under pressure in an environment where job demands are constantly changing
- Valid driver’s license is required
Exercises judgement and discretion in significant matters related to the creative execution of Grey Dog’s video production.
This position reports to the Director of Business Development and has frequent contact with art, editorial, recipe development, food styling, and web development teams.
- Work is mostly performed in an indoor office setting, however outdoor work may be required for video shoots, sometimes in adverse weather conditions
- Work outside normal office hours is occasionally required to ensure deadlines are met
- While performing the requirements of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit for long periods of time
- Long periods of standing and walking are required while shooting video
- Work is most often light work; however, video shoots often require a minimum exertion of 10 – 25 lbs. of force frequently and 50 lbs. occasionally to move and carry objects
- Bending, stooping and kneeling are often required
- Must have excellent eyesight, color vision, and depth perception
- Must be able to communicate orally to provide detailed and/or complex instructions
- Office equipment and supplies
- Mac OS
- Video production equipment and editing software
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the incumbent. The incumbent is required to follow instructions and to perform the duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Job Location: West Des Moines, Iowa
Benefits: Medical/401K/LTD/Life Ins./PTO
Compensation: Highly Competitive