Our team is growing and we have an exciting new opportunity for an experienced Web UX Designer to join our team.
The Web UX Designer works with the digital, art, and editorial teams to develop and create a dynamic digital user and brand experience website for a monthly digital publication. This position is responsible for the overall design functionality of our client’s monthly digital publication to ensure it is user-friendly, intuitive, and dynamic to enhance the overall user experience.
To be considered for this position, please submit your cover letter, resume, and portfolio of work samples.
Grey Dog Media is a growing, national-award-winning creator and publisher of custom and consumer media. Our products include magazines, catalogs, books, websites, videos, commercials, and collateral. This is a fast-paced, yet relaxed environment with experienced professionals. We offer a friendly, professional workplace, full-benefits, competitive salary, and remarkable opportunities for creative-skills development, and career advancement.
- Create engaging and visually appealing web design content to support client needs
- Conduct concept and usability testing to assess user experience and ease of site design
- Develop high level, detailed storyboards, mock-ups, and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and web design ideas
- Design the aesthetics to be implemented allowing for interface edits as needed
- Enhance the user experience by creating seamless navigation through various digital platforms and interfaces
- Attend and participate in brainstorming sessions and report on work progress
- Submit completed work for approval and re-work as directed until work has met client expectations (note: this may be in contrast to your personal taste)
- Remain up to date on trends and emerging platforms including insights into cultural trends and target audiences
- Work in a collaborative manner to meet client deadlines
- Efficiently manage the workflow of assigned projects
- Work with team to get direction on projects and deliver high quality, polished work for client needs
- Record and track your time within the system for each project you are working on
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in web design, graphic design, computer science, or related field (or equivalent professional experience)
- Minimum 3 years of web UX design experience in a professional capacity
- Excellent proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite
- Familiarity with interaction design and information architecture
- Strong portfolio of work demonstrating proficiency in skill and a sophisticated sense of style and design
- Demonstrated understanding of usability and human-user interaction principles and their application to website development, information architecture and content management across multiple web browsers and devices
- Strong understanding of design, typography skills, and color sense
- Problem-solving, interactive approach to design, with ability to multi-task and work in different brand aesthetics
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong organizational and time-management skills with high attention to detail
- Highly motivated with ability to work in a deadline-driven environment and desire to work on a collaborative team with high standards
- Exceptional problem solving and critical thinking skills; able to balance multiple priorities and demands simultaneously
- Maintains a positive attitude, even while working under pressure in an environment where job demands are constantly changing
Job Location: West Des Moines, Iowa
Benefits: Medical/HSA/401K/LTD/AD&D/Life Ins./Dental/PTO
Compensation: Highly Competitive