Grey Dog Media is looking for a full-time Art Director to managing all aspects of design and art department workflow for a consumer magazine under the direction of a Senior Art Director.
Balance Magazine covers a variety of health and fitness related topics, while featuring celebrities and athletes like Harrison Barnes, Mark Wahlberg, Laurie Hernandez and more.
Seasons Magazine, a cuisine & lifestyle publication, features over 30 recipes per issue, developed by our very own test kitchen staff. Additionally, craft projects, Hy-Vee initiatives and lifestyle topics are covered throughout Seasons.
Life:Beautiful Magazine, a women’s Christian lifestyle magazine in the vein of Martha Stewart. We cover a variety of topics that effect Christian’s from health and wellness to home make-overs.
This is a fast-paced, yet relaxed environment alongside experienced professionals. We offer full-benefits and competitive salary, with great opportunities for advancement within the company.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Art, Graphic Design or a related field
- Experience: Minimum of 3 years’ experience as an Art Director on a consumer magazine
- Advanced layout and typography skills
- Sophisticated sense of design, photography and typography
- Experience directing studio and location photography
- Problem-solving, interactive approach to design
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong organizational and time-management skills • Strong attention to detail
- Highly motivated with ability to work in a deadline-driven environment
- Ability to multi task
- Positive attitude
- Desire to work on a collaborative team with high standards
- Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, Web/Interactive Design experience a plus
Job Location: West Des Moines, Iowa
Benefits: Medical/HSA/401K/LTD/AD&D/Life Ins./Dental/PTO/Vision
Compensation: Highly Competitive